Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Winters Day Ride

Up until last week we had had a relatively mild winter so far with 20°C days but then the real winter weather struck with some temps down near 0°C over night. Still the days have been ok in the high teens and still good weather for riding.

Bushpig suggested a ride which was on the cards for the last couple of weeks except something kept getting in the way. I'd text-ed Brad as I hadn't seen him for awhile(better remedy that with a BBQ soon mate). He said he'd come but I had no idea what bike he now has. Last time we rode he had a VTR1000 but had sold it. So it was a big surprise when he pulled up at my place with a brand spanking new beautiful Z1000. Mate I love your bike. I'm so jealous right now. I'd love to ride it. It's been on my new bike shopping list for a couple of years now and you've done nothing to quell that thought.


It was a cool morning but it had warmed up just nicely for the trip up the Putty road. Along the way we were passed by Batvomit on his 998 Ducati going the other way. I don't think he noticed us. Stewie stopped in at the Grey Gums Cafe even though Bushpig said we'll stop at the old half way house for bacon & egg rolls. On the way out of GGC Brad caught up to us. Hey looking sharp there on that spiffy new Z thou mate.






We eventually stopped in at the old half way house and all ordered bacon & egg rolls washed down with a drink. It was so relaxing standing out in the warm winter sun. We stood around for about 30 minutes just admiring the bikes, chatting and eating our lunch, before Bushpig had the call for an after ride beer. Good call mate. It was a fantastic winters day for a ride, not to cold at all. Good riding with my mate Brad on his new Z1000. Terrific bike, he looked chuffed to bits. Now to just wrestle that key off him.....

On another note it was also the first ride out since the new lane splitting laws have been introduced here in NSW. I must say it is now so much more fun to legally lane split and it feels like you have to do it now that it is law. It certainly does get you places a lot faster, especially travelling along Windsor road with its big wide lanes. Brad was splitting like a mad bastard on the way back, we only caught him at the Seven Hills lights.




9 comments:

  1. I am glad to see the sunshine for your ride. Winter weather can be so iffy, but you guys sure picked a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I've ridden the Z1000SX and it was a sweet little number - I kinda like the more naked model too. Would be a fun hooligan bike.

    20 degrees eh? Geez you guys do it hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Z1000 looks the biz, and I'm sure it goes like stink. I love to test on out.

      It's tough riding in these poor conditions I tells ya.

      Delete
  3. It was a great day out I have been waiting for your call to go out so I could show off my Z1000 (I can't wipe the smile off my face), I can not believe what a difference a bike can be. checked up on the fuel should get about 210Km out of a tank. I think with a few mods to the suspension and it will be better. :) maybe next time you just might get that ride. I started to change the tail and already looks better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff mate, It was good to be riding with you again, we will have to organize a few more rides.
      Once you get used to the bike and a bit more riding behind you be right as rain. You did pretty good yesterday.

      Delete
  4. nice shiney new bike he has there
    looks like that the weather was good for the ride
    bit coolo the last few days for a ride though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been good riding weather up here in sydney. No rain yet.
      Love the z1000

      Delete
  5. Seriously I wish I was that cold .. we're getting temps at least 5 degrees or more lower than that. I am jealous that you got out for a ride. Good on ya's. :)

    ReplyDelete