Sunday, September 29, 2013

Paddock Stand

I was out doing the grocery shopping with the wife this afternoon when I noticed that Aldi had some motorcycle equipment for sale. They had sets of gloves, some under garment to keep you warm, Helmets yes they had some no name brand helmet, I don't think I'll be down grading from my Shoei to the $50 plastic fantastic anytime soon. They also had some paddock stands.

I took a look at it and it didn't look that bad. It was marked $49 but it looks like they had been here for awhile and not selling as it had been marked down to $19.99. Wow $20 bucks for a front/Rear paddock stand. Well I've wasted money on worse things before so why not give it a go and see what its like. I haven't had a chance to put it together yet but I'll let you know soon what it's like.



7 comments:

  1. Good score on the stand. Hope it works as well as the $29 we picked up a few years ago. We were surprised at the quality for that price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $20 bucks is a bargain. I'll just have to see how it goes. Time will tell I guess.

      Delete
  2. $24.99 at my local Aldi, but I think the ZX14 is a bit too porky for its lift rating at 260kg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bike needs to go on a diet I think.

      Should be ok for my R1 at 201kg wet.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a great find. I love it when I find something I've been looking for in an unlikely place (and at a good price...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! We dont have an Aldi, such a shame to miss out on stuff like this. Be interesting to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve:

    and here I thought that I got cheap stands up here for $99. for the pair (front and rear). Most quality stands in our area are $200 and up. I like the one with the reversed lever so you can step on the lever whilst standing beside your bike, rather than at the rear and having to stop it from falling over. Nothing is cheap in Canada

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete